I want to start to promote new and exciting python packages. To do so, I started this series of posts about the most popular Python packages of the previous month.
The idea is to select all the packages that had over one thousand downloads in the past two months and in the previous month experienced a significant increase in downloads.
Here is the list of this month:
- seleniumbase is a library that combines Selenium Webdriver and pytest with the result of doing end to end tests, web automation, and website tours.
- pyhull is a Python wrapper to Qhull for the computation of the convex hull, Delaunay triangulation, and Voronoi diagram.
- protego is a pure-Python robots.txt parser with support for modern conventions.
- cupy-cuda100 is an implementation of NumPy-compatible multi-dimensional array on CUDA.
- sigopt is a standardized, scalable, enterprise-grade optimization platform and API designed to unlock the potential of your modeling pipelines.
- readerwriterlock is a python implementation of the three Reader-Writer problems. It is also compliant with the Python lock interface.
- manhole is an in-process service that accepts Unix domain socket connections and presents the stacktraces for all threads and an interactive prompt.
- scikit-build is an improved build system generator for CPython C, C++, Cython, and Fortran extensions.
- bok-choy is a Python framework for writing robust Selenium tests.
- pymeeus is a Python implementation of Jean Meeus astronomical routines
Here is the full data:
|name||d. october||d. november||increase|
And here is the query that that I executed:
select nd.name, od.total as "d. october", nd.total as "d. november", round((nd.total - od.total)/(nd.total + od.total)::numeric, 3) as increase from november_downloads nd join october_downloads od on od."name" = nd."name" where od.total > 10000 order by (nd.total - od.total)/(nd.total + od.total)::float desc limit 10